About Sophiatown Bar Lounge
Sophiatown Bar Lounge is a tug back into the chic old days of Sophiatown. Relax in this bar-lounge in the centre of Jozi and reminisce about the good ol’ days. The lounge has a classical jazz theme and is full of energy and high-quality standards.
Aimed at quality food and excellent service, Sophiatown will have you coming back for more of its Afro-chic style and yummy themed food.
The menu is packed with mouth-watering dishes – guests will have to take their time when choosing between the competing tastes. The menu has Di’ Starters, Di’ Salads, Di’ Lightmeals, Inyamazane, Di’ Main Meals, Di Platters and of course desserts and beverages. It is said to have the best oxtail in town and favoured vegetarian options.
Keep an eye on their regular events and specials. Free Wi-Fi available.
Directions to Sophiatown Bar LoungeFrom Sandton:
• Head south on the M1;
• Take exit 12 for Smit Street towrd the M10/Wits/Johannesburg;
• Keep right at the fork and follow the signs for the M10/Newlands;
• Turn right onto Smit Street;
• Take the first left onto Subway Street;
• Continue onto Carr Street;
• Turn right onto Quinn Street;
• Take the first left onto Gwigwi Mrwebi Street;
• Gwigwi Mrwebi Street turns right and becomes Henry Nxumalo Street;
• The restaurant is on the corner of Jeppe Street.
Accommodation near Sophiatown Bar Lounge
Sophiatown Bar Lounge Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling