9 on Dolfyn
About 9 on Dolfyn
You can hear the ocean waves from 9 Dolfyn Straat which is situated in the older part of Yzerfontein and just over a five-minute level walk to the beach, the recreational club, caravan park, liquor store, grocery store, cafes and microbrewery (opening soon) are all also situated within walking distance. The location and quality of holiday home makes us your perfect option for your family getaway (we hope you enjoy it as much as we do!)Our self-catering beach house can accommodate up to seven guests in three bedrooms. It is equipped with an alarm system that is monitored locally, ha
The location and quality of holiday home make us your perfect option for your family getaway, we hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Keeping our town and visitors as safe as possible whilst being sensitive towards everybody’s hardships is our priority! We have in place a COVID-19 Operational Strategy applicable to all guests, owners and cleaning staff at all establishments.
Availability and Pricing
Select dates (Your dates are Available)
Bookings & check-in:
• Upon your enquiry for accommodation a quote will be provided to you.
• Pets are welcome at 9 On Dolfyn at a charge of R250 per pet per stay (maximum
of two pets).
• A 50% deposit is to reserve the establishment, and full payment is required 1 week
prior to occupation (1 month for bookings during the Christmas period).
• The person responsible for making the reservations and payment should ensure
that anyone else has read these terms and conditions and accept full responsibility
and liability thereof.
• It is the guest’s responsibility to report any defect or problem to the host at the
time of taking occupancy.
• You are welcome to check in from 14:00 to 18:00 (or later, by arrangement) on
the day of arrival and are required to hand in the keys by 10:00 on the day of
• Parking on site is available on the driveway behind secure gates, please do not
park on the grass.
• Only paying guests are allowed on the premises – visiting guest(s) only by
• The right of admission is reserved and strictly applied.
• Cancellation longer than 30 days, 100% refundable.
• Cancellation between 29 days and 15 days, 75% refundable.
• Cancellation between 14 and 7 days, 50% refundable.
• Cancellation less than 7 days, no refund.
Breakage & damages:
• A deposit of R1500 will be taken against any damages incurred. If there are any
deductions to be made we will notify you within 4 days of your departure and a
refund, if any, will be made within 7 days of your departure to your nominated
• Beds which are slept in above the occupancy as stated by yourselves will be
subject to a cleaning charge of R150 per bed.
• Bath towels are supplied but not for use on the beach, guests must provide their
own beach towels.
• An inventory is provided, please notify your host as soon as possible if any items
are missing or defective.
• This is a self-catering facility, but for a lengthy stay we can gladly provide you
with a cleaning service prior to arrangement.
• Laundry facilities are available at the Villa Fontana Centre.
• Please make use of the dustbins provided. Refuse collections are every Monday
morning, and can be placed outside the property. Please make use of the recycle
bins around town, your closest is just off the main beach by the recreation club.
• Start-up cleaning materials and toilet paper are provided.
• The drains in Yzerfontein are either soak or Municipal pump drains, therefore,
please use only toilet paper in the toilets. Bins are provided for any other items
that need to be disposed of.
Household safety and security:
• This is a non-smoking facility, you are welcome to smoke outside, providing that
you use a cigarette butt dispenser.
• Please only make fires in the braai areas, and only use charcoal in the Weber.
• We have a gas hob, for safety please turn off the gas at the cut-off switch when
not in use.
• We should mention that even though Yzerfontein is statistically a very low crime
area, but caution should still be taken and the premises be locked when you are
• A medical practitioner is available in town but unfortunately not 24 hours per
day, contact numbers for them, the pharmacy and emergency medical response
services are provided.
• Every effort is made to service and maintain all amenities, equipment, and
appliances to a fully operable and safe condition, and guests are requested to use
and operate all these in a responsible manner. Kindly report any faulty conditions
to the owners.
• Our house is in a residential area, please respect our neighbours and refrain from
events or parties.
• The Yzerfontein residential area is surrounded by nature reserves and Green
Belts running through the town. We ask that guests respect the environment at
• Apart from a variety of small wild animals there are also snakes such as Puffadders
and Cape Cobras during the warmer season, and it is therefore advisable not to
wander into the fynbos unattended. Should you encounter a snake please contact
the ‘snake catcher’ on the number provided in the information book.
• At certain times of the year, such as the breeding season, ostriches could be
dangerous too, rather do not approach them at any time and give them right of
• Due to the fact that the West Coast is an arid environment, the local communities
are experiencing a severe drought, please use water responsibly. This includes the
• We welcome your furry friends at 9 On Dolfyn for an additional charge of R250 per
pet per stay to allow for additional laundry, cleaning and wear and tear on the property
• You are welcome to bring your furry friends with you on holiday, please bring their
bedding with you and, out of courtesy for other guests, refrain from allowing them on
the furniture and beds.
• If you have forgotten your bedding and bowls you are welcome to borrow ours, they
are in the cupboard in the hallway.
• Some poo bags are available at the house, as well as dispensers on the beach. Please
make use of them around town and leave our garden clean upon departure, if not a
surcharge of R200 for cleaning will be incurred.
Whilst every reasonable precaution has been taken to ensure the safety of our guests and
their possessions on the premises, the owner, its agents, and/or its employees shall not
be liable for any injury, loss, theft or damage suffered by a guest(s) whilst on the premises.
When booking at 9 On Dolfyn the guest(s) hereby indemnifies the owner of 9 On Dolfyn
against any claims arising from any injury, loss, theft or damage suffered by them on the
premises. Guests enter at own risk.
- Airport Shuttle
- Wheelchair Enabled
- Laundry Facilities*
- Pet Friendly*
- Satellite TV*
- No Credit Card Facilities
- Parking on Premises
- Iron and board
- Non smoking rooms
- Covid Safety Approved
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling