Karongwe River Lodge
Karongwe Private Game Reserve
About Karongwe River Lodge
About Karongwe River Lodge
Karongwe River Lodge, situated within the Karongwe Private Game Reserve, captures the essence of the African bush, with its enchanting view over the Makhutsi. The spacious lounge leads onto a vast deck allowing for endless opportunity to view elephant and grazing antelope, or spend the afternoon relaxing beside the pool before being whisked away on a late afternoon safari in an open game drive vehicle, traversing over the 9000 hectares of supreme African bushveld, tracking the Big Five.Dining under the stars has never been more romantic as you enjoy our Pan African cuisine in a rus
The Best Game Viewing in the Lowveld Big 5 Professional and Skilled Guides and Trackers
Ultra-relaxing indulgent full body massages. Awaken your senses and revive your body and mind.
We are not located on a golf course - However can arrange for an excursion to our nearest Golf Course at an additional charge
The South African bush is incomparable to anything on earth , and once you fall in love with the bush it is hard to imagine getting married anywhere else.
Babysitting Facilities available at an additional cost Little Paws Program available for the kiddies at no additional charge Cots available upon request
Private Romantic Dinners Romantic Turndowns Honeymooners Welcome
Availability and Pricing
Select dates (Your dates are Available)
• All meals, teas, coffees and snacks.
• Dawn and dusk safaris in open Land Rovers.
• Drinks on dusk safaris are limited to one per person with a choice of local beer, wine or soft drink.
• All local house wines and beers are now included at Becks Safari Lodge only.
• Wifi at all lodges.
• Tourism levy/Reserve entrance fee and Rhino Levy’s are all included in the per person per night cost,
• Any transfers from Southern boom gate are included.
• Airport and road transfers, including chartered flights landing at Hoedspruit Civil Air Base.
• Mini Bar, curio, telephone, spa and laundry expenses.
• Premium and imported brands.
• Single supplement of 40%.
• Children are welcome at Karongwe Portfolio excluding Kuname and Becks Safari Lodge and would not include any triple rooms requests.
• Children between 0 and 2 years old are accommodated on a complimentary basis.
• Children from the ages of 3 years to 11 years old are accommodated at 50% of the adult tariff, sharing a family room with adults.
• Children 12 years and older are considered adults and pay the applicable tariff.
• Driver/Guide rates apply which do not include game drives
• FOC policy – 16 guests or more 1 driver or guide free of charge.
• Children under 6 yrs are not permitted on any Game activity unless approved by the Lodge Management onsite. No prior approval shall be given. (Children are required to be accompanied by an adult on Game activity) Please note children that are under aged will not be allowed on a game drive – securing a private vehicle will also not allow this policy.
• Bushwalks are an optional extra, and only arranged at the Lodge, subject to conditions. This activity is also available for limited duration and is subject to approval on the ground, it is also subject to game movement and Karongwe Lodges reserves the right not to offer based on the safety of our guests. There is an additional cost for this activity and may not be exchanged for a normal game activity.
• No reservation is secure without a deposit.
• A deposit equivalent to 25% of the total accommodation is required within 7 days of confirmation for individuals (FIT’s) and within 14 days of confirmation 10% is required for a group to secure a reservation. For reservations, less than 30 days prior to arrival for individuals and groups, full pre-payment is required.
• The balance of the accommodation account is to be settled 30 days prior to arrival or, if the period is less, full prepayment will apply.
• For groups, we require a 10% deposit and final commitment to confirm the reservation 90 days prior to arrival.
Cancellation fees for Individual Guests
• Karongwe Portfolio reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee equivalent to any direct costs incurred by it in attending to the reservation plus a 10% administration fee for any individual bookings cancelled more than 42 days prior to the date of the scheduled arrival.
• In the event of a cancellation, less than 42 days and more than 30 days prior to the date of the scheduled arrival, a cancellation fee in the sum equivalent to 25% of the full account will be incurred.
• In the event of a cancellation, less than 30 days prior to the date of the scheduled arrival, a cancellation fee in the sum equivalent to the full account will be charged (100%).
- Airport Shuttle
- Wheelchair Enabled
- Laundry Facilities*
- Swimming Pool
- Credit Card Facilities
- Parking on Premises
- Activities desk
- Air conditioning
- Double bed
- Double/Twin rooms
- Full board
- Health Spa
- House Keeping
- Mini fridge
- Non smoking rooms
- Shuttle service
- Wake-Up service
- Zulu (isiZulu)
- Xhosa (isiXhosa)
- Sotho (Sesotho)
- Portfolio Collection
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling