About Sea Otters Lodge
Escape the busy city life come & enjoy some of the fine things that life has to offer. Savour the peace and quiet of this beautiful hidden gem, while listening to the waves breaking on the shore, enjoy a walk on the beach while gathering some pebbles and shells or enjoy reading a book on the sundeck or Boma whilst enjoying a refreshing beverage.
Sea Otters Lodge is a place like none other, its blissful surroundings and beautiful settings make it the ideal place for social gatherings, be it a get together, birthday, anniversary, wedding or any other special event. For those couples wanting to get married near the seaside, Sea Otters Lodge guarantees an incredible experience on this magical and unforgettable day.
Sea and Beachfront accommodation with sea facing en-suite bedrooms with sea view, direct access onto the beach, free limited Wi-Fi, on-site Weber braai facilities SQ, on-site parking behind remote controlled gate, exclusive use guest lounges, dining areas and more
All bedrooms are equipped with C-19 Room Guard, en suite bathroom, LED Television with DStv Stay Essential Package, Heating, Coffee table with two armchairs, Guest Bathroom Amenities, Dressing table with chair, Ample wardrobe space, International plug point, Heating in en-suite, Private Entrance, Emergency light, Ceiling Fan and Safe.
HAIRDRYER AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
SEA OTTERS LODGE IS NOT A SELF-CATERING ESTABLISHMENT
SEA OTTERS LODGE OFFERS THE FOLLOWING
* Kitchenette equipped with Fridge/Freezer, Microwave Oven and Prep Bowl available on each floor level for guest use
* Onsite Weber braai facilities available for exclusive use to guests by prior arrangement and confirmation only
* Breakfast optional extra by prior arrangement and confirmation only SQ
* Access control to secure onsite parking
* Airport Transfers SQ (Outsourced)
Wood available from R 35 per bag for use in Boma only
Accommodation is booked per person per night sleeping up to a maximum of 2 adults per room - 1 x Single sleeper couch in room for 1 x Child U/13 available at an additional extra cost per night, and only made available in rooms situated on the Ground floor level.
Served English Breakfast to be pre-book at least 1 day in advance before day of arrival
Breakfast consist of - Cereal + Cooked breakfast + Coffee or Tea + Toast + Glass of fruit juice
The lodge also offers a function / wedding / party venue up to a maximum of 42 persons / conference facilities up to a maximum of 28 persons per event with various delectable buffet packages/menus to choose from.
Sea Otters Lodge is ideal for guests to explore the surrounding area while hiking or horse riding. Walk from the lodge onto the beach and experience peace and tranquillity.
There are various restaurants nearby and a Spar and Pub 3 km away.
Beach: Situated on the beachfront in Kini Bay. All rooms sea facing with sea view. Direct access onto the beach from Sea Otters Lodge.
Wedding Venues: Sea Otters Lodge is a place like none other. Its blissful surroundings and beautiful settings make it the ideal place for social gatherings, be it birthdays, anniversaries, conferences, functions or weddings up to a maximum of 60 persons.
Conference Venues: Sea Otters Lodge also caters for business conferences, with various packages available. Up to a maximum of 30 conference delegates.
Family friendly: There is a small swimming beach in front of the guest house.
Romantic: Situated away from the daily hustle and bustle of life. Situated on the beachfront. Enjoy the sunset over the ocean.
Covid Safety Approved: We pledge to implement a high standard of hygiene and cleaning protocols to ensure the safest environment possible for our guests. We adhere to the industry safety protocols set out by the Tourism Business Council of South Africa (TBCSA).
The consumer protection act require from us to provide all prospective guests with our policies, terms and conditions – All the policies, terms and conditions below are deemed as read and accepted on booking confirmation.
CORONAVIRUS / COVID-19
* The coronavirus pandemic has been declared a state of disaster in South Africa – As long... The consumer protection act require from us to provide all prospective guests with our policies, terms and conditions – All the policies, terms and conditions below are deemed as read and accepted on booking confirmation.
CORONAVIRUS / COVID-19
* The coronavirus pandemic has been declared a state of disaster in South Africa – As long as the state of disaster stays in effect the applicable Covid-19
regulations on the day will apply – No refunds will be made, and our cancellation policy stays in effect
* We adhere to Covid-19 health and safety protocols and expect our guests to do the same while residing at Sea Otters Lodge
* All rooms equipped with C-19 Room Guard (Certified Air sanitizer and Surface disinfectant)
COVID-19 ACCOMMODATION POLICY
* Sea Otters Lodge is an Essential Service accommodation provider
* Accommodation will currently be provided to all other stays according to the Covid-19 regulations in place
* Should international or over the border local travel restrictions be promulgated and it effects the original dates of stay booked then the guest may postpone the booking to a later date subject to the Covid-19 Postponement Policy in this document
* Should a guest contract Covid-19 prior to date of stay then the guest may postpone the booking to a later date subject to the Covid-19 Postponement Policy in this document
COVID-19 POSTPONEMENT POLICY
* Subject to availability, applicable rates for the new stay booked, the original stay booked is paid in full and subject to the Covid-19 Accommodation Policy clause in this document, guest will be issued an Accommodation voucher to the same value as the original booking made valid for a period of 3 (Three) years from date of original arrival, please note that the full voucher must be used once off and no refund and/or any change will be given
* A guest that have contracted Covid-19 must supply proof of positive test result to postpone their original booking prior to day of original arrival, to a later date for the same number of nights stay booked or longer, subject to availability, applicable rates for the new stay booked and the original stay booked is paid in full, guest will be issued an Accommodation voucher to the same value as the original booking made valid for a period of 3 (Three) years from date of original arrival, please note that the full voucher must be used once off and no refund and/or any change will be given
* No refunds will be made
* To avoid any misunderstanding, a booking constitutes a binding contract
* Cancellation 61 days or longer before date of initial arrival – guest will be levied a 50% cancellation fee on the deposit value of the original booking made
* Cancellation 32 days or longer before date of initial arrival – guest will be liable for 50% payment on the total of the original booking made
* Cancellation 31 days or less before date of initial arrival – guest will be liable for 100% payment on the total of the original booking made – no refund will be made
* Cancellation must be in writing and send via email, no telephone and/or SMS cancellations will be accepted
* All guests confirming a booking are advised to take out travel insurance to cover the full cost of their booking in the event of a cancellation
* We will seek full compensation for any cancelled accommodation booking, including premature curtailment, as per our cancellation policy
NOT COMPLETING STAY OF RESERVATION
* In the event of a premature departure the guest will be liable for the full stay of the original booking made, we are not obliged to any refunds
* It is the responsibility of the guest to provide us of any dietary requirements i.e. Halaal / Vegetarian on pre-booking of breakfast for us to source produce
* Served English Breakfast is not included in the room rates and is subject to service availability and available as an Optional extra during stay SQ
* English breakfast consisting of Cereal, Cooked Breakfast, Coffee or Tea, Toast, and a glass of fruit juice
* To be pre-booked before 2 pm at least 1 day prior to day of arrival in advance
BREAKFAST SEATING / SERVING TIMES
* Breakfast will only be prepared and served after the earliest seating time available on the day
* Seating Saturdays, Public Holidays and from 15 December to 10 January: From 8:30 – 10 am
* Seating Monday – Friday: From 7:15 – 9:00 am
* Accommodation / stay is booked per person per night sleeping up to a maximum of 2 adults per room
* Only persons quoted and paid for may share the accommodation booked
* Persons 13 years of age and older is considered adults
* 1 x Additional single sleeper couch per room may be booked for one child U/13 at an additional cost per night – available on the Ground floor level rooms only - from 50% of sharing rate per night depending on room choice
* Booked rooms are serviced once daily before 1 pm – No rooms will be serviced from 1 pm onwards on the day
CONFIRMED BOOKINGS: BALANCE PAYMENT
* The balance (if any) of the booking is payable as a non-refundable payment at least 31 days prior to day of initial arrival via EFT on invoice to confirm the booking, unless otherwise noted
* We work on a 1st pay 1st serve basis
* Pay the non-refundable deposit due by EFT at your earliest convenience to confirm your booking; as we regretfully do not provisionally reserve rooms
* Bookings 31 days or less before date of initial arrival and/or 1 night only bookings are payable in full (100%) to confirm/secure the booking
* We regret no accommodation booking will be secured unless we have received the minimum non-refundable payment due
* Minimum 50% non-refundable deposit payable to secure a booking, unless otherwise noted
* Guest is responsible for all international transfer costs; no such cost shall accrue to us
* Children U/3 from 10% of sharing rate per night depending on room choice, a sleeping cot will be made available in the same room subject to availability
* Children staying in their own room - Full applicable room rate applies
* Child U/13 sharing with 2 x adults/others from 50% of sharing room rate per night on a single sleeper couch made available in the same room situated in rooms on Ground floor level only
SINGLE SLEEPER COUCH (IF APPLICABLE)
* Any person 13 years of age and older making use of this facility does so entirely at their own risk
* Maximum 1 x single sleeper couch allowed per room booked
* Recommended for a child U/13 only
* Only available when booked SQ
* Free limited Wi-Fi is provided to overnight guests
* Fair usage applicable – No live streaming and/or downloading of movies allowed
ANIMAL / PET POLICY
* Regretfully no pets are allowed
* The venue will unfortunately not be made available to guests unless it is booked as an optional extra – Venue hire applicable SQ
* The venue accommodates up to maximum of 42 persons per event
* Selected refreshments available upon prior request & confirmation only SQ
ARRIVAL / CHECK IN
* From 2 – 7:30 pm
* Check in close at 7:30 pm
* It is advisable to check in before 8 pm at your earliest convenience as there is no staff on duty from 8 pm
* Late check in only allowed by prior arrangement and confirmation
* No late check in will be allowed after 8:30 pm
EARLY CHECK IN
* Subject to no other guests checking out, of the room booked on the same day and prior arrangement has been made and confirmed
* Early check in will only be allowed from 12 pm and only if the room is clean and ready for occupation
ROOM DEPARTURE / CHECK OUT
* By 10 am
* No late room departures will be allowed after 10:30 am unless the applicable late room check out fees are paid
LATE ROOM DEPARTURE / CHECK OUT FEES
* Check out from 10:31 – 11:30 – 40% of daily room fee
* Check out from 11:31 – 12:30 – 75% of daily room fee
* Check out from 12:31 onwards – 100% of daily room fee
WEBER BRAAI FACILITY POLICY
* Weber braai facility available by prior arrangement and confirmation only
* Guest to supply own food, briquettes / charcoal and firelighters, we shall supply a casserole, utensils, crockery and cutlery – No wood allowed to be used a Weber
* WOOD FOR BOMA FIRE optional extra from R 35 per bag – Own wood not allowed for Boma fires
* Only available by prior arrangement, confirmation, and agreement
VISITORS OF GUESTS POLICY
* Regretfully no visitors allowed - onsite facilities for exclusive use of guests staying at Sea Otters Lodge
* We regret that no smoking is allowed inside the Guest House and bedrooms
* Smokers are more than welcome to smoke in the outside areas of the Guest House at least 5 meters away from any door opening and Gazebo
* Should a guest not abide by these terms above the guest will unfortunately be held liable to an R 500 room refreshing fee payable for freshening of the room
Reviews for Sea Otters Lodge17 guest reviews Reviews of
4.5 out of 5 stars
Sea Otters Lodge Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling