About The Tides
A really peaceful & restful place to stay, to relax & unwind. A terrific panoramic view of the atlantic sea & Dassen Island. A family unit or two couples situated on the ground floor. Spacious rooms, consisting of two bedrooms, both with on-suite i.e. One with a bath & one with a shower. Two double beds. A large open-plan kitchen & lounge with all facilities. A large glass enclosed patio for wonderful evening relaxation.Outside portable braai/barbecue area. Walking distance to the local beach (10 minutes) and a short drive (7 minutes) to the main beach. Both beautiful b
Availability and Pricing
Select dates (Your dates are Available)
Bookings & check-in:
● Upon your enquiry for accommodation a quote will be provided
● Quotations are valid for a pre agreed period only
● We reserve the right to cancel and refund accommodation in situations of crisis or move guests to alternative (similar) accommodation with their permission and agreement.
● A 30% deposit is to reserve the establishment, and full payment is required 1 week in advance and during high season 1 month in advance of arrival.
● Reservations within 14 days of arrival are payable in full.
● Full payment is required before accessing the establishment.
● Banking costs for international deposits will be for the guest’s account. Because we will only know what the amount is after receiving the funds, it will be added to the outstanding amount / the final payment.
● The person responsible for making the reservations and payments should ensure that everyone else in the party has read these terms and conditions and accept full responsibility and liability thereof.
● It is the guest’s responsibility to report any defect or problem to the agent at the time of taking occupancy.
● You are welcome to check in from 15:00 to 17:00 (or later but only by arrangement) on the day of arrival and are required to hand in the keys by 10:00 on the day of departure. Estimated times of arrival and departure must be communicated to the welcoming staff member or owner to ensure smooth check-ins/outs.
● Only paying guests are allowed on the premises – visiting guest(s) welcome only by arrangement.
● The right of admission is reserved and strictly applied.
● Cancellation longer than 30 days, 100% refundable.
● Cancellation between 29 days and 15 days, 30 % refundable.
● Cancellation within 14 days of arrival , not refundable.
● Yzerfontein Accommodation, Atlantic 62 and the owners of both businesses would like you to take note that they cannot be liable for any damages to electronic or personal items brought on to the premises by guests. Please also refer to the Standard Indemnity at the end of this document.
Breakage & Damages & Parking:
● When a breakage deposit is not charged, we kindly request that you inform us of any accidental damages.
● When a breakage deposit is charged, it will be taken against any damages incurred. If there are any deductions to be made, we will notify you within 2 days of your departure and a refund, if any, will be made within 2 days of your departure to your nominated bank account.
● Unfortunately, additional charges will be imposed if more guests than booked for are utilising the premises. ● Please note that a cleaning fee can be deducted from a breakage deposit for houses that are left with excessive dirty dishes and/or linen or any unsatisfactory condition.
● Bath towels are supplied but not for use on the beach, guests must provide their own beach towels.
● Where an inventory is provided – please notify your host as soon as possible if any items are missing or defective.
● Parking is available either on site, off street, or on street. Please respect the environment and gardens and be mindful of traffic and other vehicles.
● This is a self-catering facility, but for a lengthy stay / on request we can gladly provide you with a cleaning service by prior arrangement.
● Start-up cleaning materials and toilet paper are provided.
● Laundry facilities are available in Yzerfontein – please check out our website ‘LOCAL CONTACTS’ for 2 options.
● Please make use of the dustbins provided and the arrangements for refuge. Refuse collections are every Monday and Thursday morning. Please make use of the recycle bins around town near the Municipal Hall and in Dassen Island, Pearl Bay.
● The drains in Yzerfontein are either soak or municipal pump drains. Therefore, please use only toilet paper in the toilets. Bins are provided for any other items that need to be disposed of.
● Servicing of the unit during your reservations can be requested in advance and at an additional cost
Household safety and security:
● Please only make fires in the braai areas, and only use charcoal in Webers.
● When using gas hobs, please turn off the gas at the cut-off switch when not in use, for safety reasons.
● We should mention that even though Yzerfontein is statistically a very low crime area, caution should still be taken, and the premises be locked when you are away – please contact the 24 hours neighbourhood watch number for assistance: 083 444 0672.
● A medical practitioner is available in town but unfortunately not 24 hours per day. Please check our website ‘LOCAL CONTACTS’ for telephone numbers.
● Every effort is made to service and maintain all amenities, equipment, and appliances to a fully operable and safe condition, and guests are requested to use and operate all these in a responsible manner. Kindly report any faulty conditions to the owners.
● This apartment/house is in a residential area, please respect our neighbours and refrain from events or parties without prior permission.
● Minors are the sole responsibility of the parents and/or guardians in whose care they are whilst visiting.
● The Yzerfontein residential area is surrounded by nature reserves and Green Belts are running through the town. We ask that guests respect the environment at all times.
● Apart from a variety of small wild animals there are also snakes, such as Puffadders and Cape Cobras, during the warmer seasons and it is therefore advisable not to wander into the fynbos unattended. Should you encounter a snake, please contact the “snake catcher” on the number provided in the information book.
● At certain times of the year, such as the breeding season, ostriches could be dangerous too, rather do not approach them at any time and give them right of way here first!
● Due to the fact that they were the West Coast is an arid environment, the local communities experience water restrictions from time to time.
Please help us by using water responsibly. Indemnity:
Whilst every reasonable precaution has been taken to ensure the safety of our guests and their possessions on the premises, the owner, its agents, and/or its employees shall not be liable for any injury, loss, theft or damage suffered by a guest/s whilst o n the premises. When booking at our establishments, the guest/s hereby indemnifies the owner of the establishment and Yzerfontein Accommodation against any claims arising from any injury, loss, theft or damage suffered by them on the premises. Guests enter at own risk. Staying in the beautiful, clean Yzerfontein and being in a position to welcome guests to a peaceful and mutually respectful environment and community is our priority and this forms the basis of our risk management.
- No Credit Card Facilities
- Parking on Premises
- Double bed
- Non smoking rooms
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling