Voir la Mer - Ocean View
About Voir la Mer - Ocean View
About Voir la Mer - Ocean View
Voir la Mer is a peaceful holiday home located in Grotto Bay. My family and I love travelling and Grotto Bay is one of our favourite destinations to date.The private nature reserve is situated an hour's drive from Cape Town's city centre. There are many attractions in the area, they range from hiking, wine tasting, bird-watching and fishing at our private beach. Please note you will require a fishing permit.Our tranquil home offers panoramic views of Table Mountain and the ocean. During the months of August and September, the view is emphasized by the beautiful flowers.
The house is located just a short walk from Pebble Beach. Just ten minutes walk and you will be at Grotto Bay's very own private sandy beach.
Our two young children love the safe environment where they can ride their bikes and go for walks along the ocean shore exploring the many rock pools Grotto Bay has to offer.
Our home is peaceful with panoramic views of Table Mountain and the Atlantic Ocean. From August to September the annual flower blooms accentuate this view. Sunsets and even whales can often be viewed from the relaxed confines of our sun room.
Availability and Pricing
Select dates (Your dates are Available)
Due to the property being listed on other booking platforms all quotes, if not declined / cancelled, will be deemed to have expired after a period of 48 hours has elapsed from being sent. This is solely to prevent inadvertent double bookings.
Terms and Conditions
Not included in the accommodation rates and payable before check-in (Total ZAR 1500):
- Refundable security deposit of ZAR 1500.
- Various payment methods listed below.
EFT Payments (Bank Transfer - Safari Now preferred method of payment):
- No processing fee applies.
- Please see the below bank details and payment procedures.
Account Holder: Mrs SY Shields
Account Number: 10012278755
Bank: INVESTEC BANK LIMITED
Branch Name: INVESTEC BANK GRAYSTON DRIVE
SWIFT/BIC code: IVESZAJJXXX
Branch Code: 580105
Reference: FIRST & LAST NAME
- Please be sure to email us at
- We kindly ask that you pay the total of ZAR 1500 seven (7) days before check in to ensure a smooth guest check in experience.
- Please also be sure to send a proof of payment email to us so that we can allocate the payment accordingly.
Credit Card Payments (Alternative payment method):
- MasterCard & VISA credit / debit card (3.5% processing fee applies to the refundable security deposit).
- Please note that we cannot accept AmericanExpress or DinersClub.
Zapper payments (Alternative payment method):
- Zapper payments are accepted (3.5% processing fee applies to the refundable security deposit).
- Should you so wish, we can provide you with a code to scan (Please download the Zapper application to your smart phone. Zapper is compatible with Android and iOS operating systems).
- Subject to an inspection of the property, the full security deposit, less applicable fees, is refundable. Please allow up to seven (7) days after checkout for this to reflect. Please also note that we cannot be held responsible for transaction fees associated with any applicable refunds.
- In the event of damages or fees exceeding the above mentioned security deposit amount, you hereby acknowledge that you will immediately pay Voir la Mer - Ocean View the difference.
- FOR SECURITY PURPOSES please send us your correct bank details through the SafariNow message portal by replying below.
Smoking is STRICTLY PROHIBITED inside the property. Evidence of smoking will incur a deep cleaning fee (minimum of ZAR 500) determined on a case by case basis.
The use of candles are STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
Fires need to be in designated fireplaces and BBQs and supervised until extinguished.
The home owners association and the owners cannot be held accountable for any personal injuries, health related issues, damage, loss or theft of personal items.
The estate has 24-hour security.
Guest pets are strictly not allowed on the property or estate.
Guests are requested to familiarize themselves with and abide by the Grotto Bay Private Nature Reserve rules which are clearly signposted throughout the estate.
Between 10pm and 8am a quiet hours policy is in force. Guests are encouraged to enjoy their stay but to be considerate of other residents at all times particularly with reference to noise.
Grotto Bay Private Nature Reserve operates on a non-municipal water self sufficient basis. Water is extracted from boreholes, harvested rainfall and rigorously filtered. Although all water is potable and safe to drink, periodically it may taste brackish and be slightly discoloured if consumed from regular faucets. For your convenience, we have installed a dedicated drinking water tap in the kitchen for all your consumption needs.
Complimentary Netflix subscription and DSTV Now (Please login using your own personal DSTV Now account). No live TV channels provided. Complimentary internet service provided for streaming services, whatsapp, email, etc. Please note that our internet service provider enforces a 'fair usage' policy. Please refrain from downloading large downloads and updates to minimize any potential service disruption for yourself or future guests. Blatant abuse may result in the charges being recouped at the relevant internet service provider's published rates.
Please note that, as per SafariNow policies and procedures, access to the property is reserved until proof of payment is received for the total quoted accommodation value as well as the above mentioned security deposit.
We trust that you will thoroughly enjoy your stay at Voir la Mer - Ocean View.
- Laundry Facilities*
- Indoor Fireplace
- Credit Card Facilities
- Parking on Premises
- 24H. Security
- Double bed
- Double/Twin rooms
- Iron and board
- Non smoking rooms
- Non-Smoking Hotel
- Pets Not Allowed
- Special offers
- Kids Stay Free
- No TGCSA Grading
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling